UK-Italy Joint Venture awarded consultancy contract for Water Supply and Sanitation Project in Rwanda
The value of the consultancy contract is US$383,414.60.00. The contract duration is 12 months from commencement of services.
The scope of work under the consultancy contract involves undertaking feasibility studies and preparation of preliminary designs according to current and future demands, and includes:
- Field investigation;
- Identification of water demand and sanitation needs;
- Topographical, hydrological and geological surveys;
- Environmental and social impact assessment (ESIA),
- Preliminary designs of civil infrastructures for different identified options, and estimation of related estimated costs;
- Economic and financial benefit-cost analysis;
- Detailed designs for the selected best option including detailed design of civil infrastructures, architectural design, basic maps, design drawings, quantity and cost estimates;
- Identification and justification of a technically, economically, financially and environmentally viable investment programme outlined for short, medium and long-term needs;
- Preparation of specifications for equipment and materials;
- Sustainability of the infrastructure;
- Elaboration of the tender documents (TDs);
- Preparation and execution of resettlement action plan (RAP); and
- Property valuation.
According to information posted on the African Development bank website, a total of five bidders submitted proposals for the consultancy contract. The other three bidders were:
- Fichtner Water& Transportation GmbH [Germany]
- Nicholas O’Dwyer Ltd [Ireland]
- CES Consulting Engineers Salzgitter GmbH [Germany]
- Arabtech Jardaneh & Partners [Saudi Arabia] in joint venture with Extreme Engineering Solutions Ltd [Rwanda] and TACT Engineering Group [Ethiopia]
The executing agency for the project is the Water & Sanitation Corporation (WASAC), Rwanda.