Table of contents :Download
Report Summary :
The Kenya Construction Market Report is ConstructAfrica's independent construction market assessment, covering the infrastructure and construction industry sectors of Kenya.
Report Description :
Kenya has the largest economy in East Africa and is the most industrialized country in the region. These factors, combined with the country’s historically stable democratic government, have established its position as the regional hub for trade and finance in East Africa and the natural choice for business entry to the East African region.
Prior to the headwinds from the COVID-19 pandemic, medium-term GDP growth was expected to rise by 5.8% in 2020 and 5.6% in 2021 - underpinned by private consumption, a pick-up in industrial activity and continued strong performance in the services sector.
The Kenyan construction sector of the economy recorded an 8.5% growth in 2017 and notwithstanding the negative impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic is forecast to remain a growth out-performer in sub-Saharan Africa up to 2024.
Underpinning this positive outlook is the variety of opportunities in the market, particularly in transport, power infrastructure and commercial construction. Substantial spending by the Government of Kenya on infrastructure coupled with foreign investment flows are sustaining this high level of growth, although the government's high debt burden could threaten the pace of infrastructure development and negatively impact investor confidence in the market.
This report includes 76 pages of an overview of the state of the construction industry in Kenya - analysing the impact of regulatory changes, the macroeconomic outlook, and the political outlook.
The report also contains competitive intelligence on key players in Kenya’s construction industry, including:
- contact details and web links of industry associations,
- full details and contact information for 27 key local and foreign players in the industry.
- ConstructAfrica’s Kenya Construction Market Report describes the size and structure of the industry and assesses the competitive landscape and key challenges to entering the market.
- The Report includes an analysis of the major strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT analysis) within the Kenya construction industry and the wider Kenya political, economic and business environment.
- The Report gives an independent assessment of the current situation of the market, and illustrates possible strategies and potential market positions of your competitors and partners.
- The Report provides key input data for successful budgetary and planning in the Kenyan infrastructure market.
- The Report identifies influencing factors and Kenyan specific issues, major infrastructure deficit, main government infrastructure programmes and private sector investment opportunities.