Chinese firm, TEC Engineering Construction, awarded bridge and road contract in Nigeria
The value of the construction contract is NGN1,035,975,675.00 (approx. US$2.88 million), with a start date of October 2020. The contract duration is 12 months.
The scope of the contract is to construct a 2-span reinforced concrete bridge and 63km gravel surface road with a spur of 6 km double coat surface dressed road.
According to information posted on the African Development bank website, a total of 14 bidders submitted tenders for the construction contract. The other 13 bidders were:
- Ric –Rock Construction Nigeria Limited [Nigerian]
- RAYCON & Co. Nigeria Ltd [Nigerian]
- ANBEEZ Services Ltd [Nigerian]
- FFEE Engineering Services Ltd [Nigerian]
- CGC Nigeria Ltd [Chinese]
- ZARCUS Nigeria Ltd [Nigerian]
- HARTLAND Nigeria Ltd [Nigerian]
- ELSON Construction Company Ltd [Nigerian]
- FEROTEX Construction Company Limited [Nigerian]
- SAGEZ Nigeria Limited [Nigerian]
- HALCON Engineering Associates Ltd [Nigerian]
- LUFEM Engineering Services Ltd [Nigerian]
- LEVANT Construction Limited [Nigerian]
The executing agency for the project is the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD), Nigeria.