SHER Ingénieurs awarded consultancy contract for solar hydro projects in Burundi
The value of the consultancy contract is US$990,000, with a start date of 1 September 2020. The contract duration is 12 months.
The scope of the contract includes:
preparation of detailed feasibility studies, including solar hybridization assessments and grid interconnection studies;
local distribution grid assessments;
environmental and social impact assessments; and
financial advisory and other technical services, for two solar-hydro projects and associated electrical distribution grids.
According to information posted on the African Development Bank website, a total of six bidders submitted proposals for the supervision contract. The other five bidders were:
- AECOM Limited in JV with Atacama Consulting [United Kingdom]
- ENCO Engineering Consultants in JV with CIRPS and Camp Consult [Italy]
- Fichtner GmbH & Co. KG [Canada]
- Hatch Ltd. in JV with BRL Ingénierie [India]
- SL Ingénierie in JV with Idesun, CAPSIM, and Orèade-Breche) [France]
The executing agency for the project is Songa Energy Burundi.